Neanderthin and Paleolithic diet
- The Official Neanderthin home page
- This is IT! The ultimate book, Neanderthin, by Ray Audette. An evolutionary
and philosophical book about the subject. Not very detailed, but gets
to the point fast, while sticking to the basic, evolutionary thread. Very
motivational, if a bit fanatic at times.
- Protein Power Lifeplan Website
for Michael R. Eades, M.D. and Mary Dan Eades, M.D., authors of The Protein
Power Lifeplan. The newest science on the matter. The most balanced book
on the subject! Very detailed book, though a bit "doctoresque". Generally
very believable and trustworthy. Even though "just low-carb" they
have the evolutionary perspective, and their most restrictive level of commitment
is the same as Neanderthin. The use of different levels make the diet and
health recommendations very practical.
Paleo Diet, by Loren Cordain, Ph.D. One of the books on the subject.
Gets to the point fast, is balanced and has great recipies. Some of his ideas
about paleolithic life are a bit strange though. Check out the Fat
section below for a commentary and this critical
review of the book. Only luke warm recommendation!
- The Paleolithic Diet Page
Some more links
- www.PaleoFood.com One of the
only truly paleolithic recipe site out there.
- Beyond Vegetarianism - Tons of information
about our paleolithic diet. This part is specifically
about Paleo dieting.
- Low Carb Research
has gathered links to many scientific articles answering your health questions
about the diet.
- Weston A. Price Foundation
- Wise Traditions in diets from the study of modern hunter-gatherers and other
science. Easier to follow dietary advice if you also allow dairy in your diet.
- Red Flags Weekly - skeptical
and critical articles about health.
- Thincs - The International Network
of Cholesterol Skeptics. Challenges the "lipid hypothesis" aka.
the diet-heart idea.
- Soy Online Service Home Page
- This independent website has some scary information about the value of soy
as a food for humans.
- Excalibur dehydrators,
and their European distributor.
The perhaps best dehydrators out there. The horizontal air flow and back-mounted
heating device makes it very functional.
- USDA National
Nutrient Database Find out what nutrients a given food has.
- 3 Men makes jerky - get some
great tips on how to make this portable power snack Also, they have some indispensable
A lot like ... but not quite like
The links here are not all strictly related to the Paleolithic Diet. Generally
speaking those diets share the low/medium, low glycemic carbohydrate vision
of the Paleo Diet, but they generally allow for foods like soy/legumes, dairy
and other foods not really fit for humans.